We are getting bigger!
Reka – our awesome summer intern – has officially been our awesome employee for a while now and we’re ready to grow again. This time we are seeking a graphic designer and marketing guru to join our team as an intern with the possibility of regular employment at the completion of the internship.
So – who do you know who wants to hang out with us and learn a whole lot in the process? Reka tells people we are the best bosses in the world and brags to her friends who are stuck with stodgy bosses doing boring work about her job. I think she probably exaggerates a touch, but we’re a fun crew: lots of exciting projects happening, studio cats to help with the work, and a super fun and easy going work environment. Lots of work to do of course, but we’re not interested in micromanaging in the process, you know?
Gastown based companies Blue Olive Photography & Entreprenessa Magazine are seeking a design intern to join their team
Working jointly with two companies you will gain experience in a thriving, award winning wedding and portrait photography studio at the same time as working with a fledgling magazine targeted towards creative entrepreneurs. This position would be a great fit for someone with a strong design background who is excited by the possibility of working hands on in a small creative focused company and who is an extremely independent worker capable of taking projects from concept to completion.
Position: Graphic design & marketing internship
Company: Blue Olive Photography & Entreprenessa Magazine
Duration: 3 months with possibility of regular part time employment at conclusion
Hours: 15 hours per week, weekdays during the day with flexible scheduling
Salary: Unpaid with performance based bonus at the end of the term
Duties: Graphic design, layout and marketing projects including photographic album design, brochures and marketing pieces, photo based cards and similar projects; magazine layout and design; the creation of a magazine style guide; image editing and retouching; ongoing promotion and campaign creation / execution; general office duties as required; website and blog updates as required
Application deadline: December 11, 2009
Position start date: January 4, 2010
Please note: this is not a shooting position for photographers
Skills and qualifications:
– A love for typography and all things font, letterpress and handmade/diy!
– Strong graphic design & layout skills
– Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop
– Diverse design style with ability to adapt
– Packaging design experience is valuable
– A strong understanding of social media use and applications is valuable
– Web design experience is a bonus
– An interest in working with small business specifically
– Great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
– Impeccable writing and proofreading skills are important
– Must enjoy cats, as the two studio cats *will* try to help you work
How to apply:
– Send your resume along with a letter detailing your interest in the position, related experience, online portfolio, and why we should choose you to: email@example.com
Applications will be reviewed based on relevant qualifications & portfolio and interviews will be conducted prior to making a decision.