Who do you know who wants to spend their summer in a small creative company?
We are excited to be seeking a summer intern to join us here in the studio for our busy summer months. This position will be equal parts Blue Olive Photography & Entreprenessa Magazine and is perfect for a design or marketing student looking to get their hands dirty in the world of small business.
Full position details after the jump
Gastown based companies Blue Olive Photography & Entreprenessa Magazine are seeking an intern to join their team
Working jointly with two companies you will gain experience in a thriving photography studio at the same time as working with a fledgling magazine targeted towards creative entrepreneurs. This position would be a great fit for someone with a strong design background who is excited by the possibility of working hands on in a small creative focussed company and who is eager to do the everyday tasks required in the process.
Position: Designer & Studio Manager Internship
Company: Blue Olive Photography & Entreprenessa Magazine
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension
Hours: Minimum 15 hours per week
Salary: Unpaid with performance based bonus at the end of the term
Duties: General office management including fulfilling client orders, filing, and data entry; social media liaison including blogging, twitter, facebook, and flickr; online research and data gathering; graphic design, layout and marketing projects as experience allows
Application deadline: April 30, 2009
Please note: this is not a shooting position for photographers
Skills and qualifications:
– Strong graphic design & layout skills an asset
– A strong understanding of social media use and applications is a must
– Above average ability to quickly and efficiently research and categorize information online is required
– Excellent ability to organize large amounts of information
– Demonstrated portfolio in photography or design is important
– An interest in working with small business specifically
– Great interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively online, in person, and on the phone
– Impeccable writing skills
How to apply:
– Send your resume along with a letter detailing your interest in the position, related experience, online portfolio, and why we should choose you to: email@example.com. No phone calls please!
Applications will be reviewed based on relevant qualifications & portfolio and interviews will be conducted prior to making a decision.